Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Volunteer Team Building Video You Gotta See!


Are you trying to build a volunteer team? Then you gotta' see this video. It's the story of how Eric Whitacre built a great team around a common vision. The video says it all. Check it out. After you're done watching it, (better yet...watch it with your team) think about the questions below.

http://youtu.be/2NENlXsW4pM
  • What ignited Eric’s passion for music? What can we learn from this about igniting people’s passion for serving Christ?

  • What do you think compelled people from all over the world to join this team?

  • How do you bring people together in harmony behind a common vision?
  • How did Eric demonstrate empowering others?
    • What did you learn from Scott Haynes (editor) stepping forward to put the video together?

    • What does this testimony tell you about building and leading a team?

 “Aside from the beautiful music, it’s great just to know I’m part of a worldwide community of people I’ve never met before, but who are connected anyway.”
    • What does this testimony tell you about building and leading a team? When I told my husband I wanted to be a part of this video, he told me I didn’t have the voice for it, it hurt so much, and I shed some tears, but something inside of me wanted to do this despite of his words. It’s a dream come true to be a part of this choir, as I have never been a part of one. When I placed a marker on the Google Earth Map, I had to go with the nearest city which is about 400 miles away from where I live. As I am in the Great Alaskan Bush, satellite is my connection to the world.”

    No comments:

    Post a Comment