Friday, August 3, 2012

"Don't be stupid"

this is a great article from a kimin leader!

We have been doing a series at church entitled "Don’t Be Stupid." It’s a series in the book of Proverbs and aimed right at me. As I have listened over the last few weeks I started writing down some questions. Questions to ask myself when the proverbial question arises, “Hey, are you stupid, or what?” Given the right situation each of us can exhibit the quality of stupidity. With that in mind here are 5 questions I have been asking myself so I can remain, ummm, not stupid...

Do I Always Look To Learn Something New?
Intelligent people are always ready to learn. Their ears are open for knowledge. Proverbs 18:15 NLT

Do I Ask God For Wisdom?
If any of you needs wisdom to know what you should do, you should ask God, and he will give it to you. God is generous to everyone and doesn't find fault with them. James 1:5 GW

Do I Seek The Advice of Others?
Get all the advice and instruction you can, so you will be wise the rest of your life. Proverbs 19:20 NLT

Do I Listen To Constructive Criticism?
The ear that listens to a life-giving warning will be at home among wise people. Proverbs 15:31 GW

Do I Listen To Advice?
A stubborn fool considers his own way the right one, but a person who listens to advice is wise. Proverbs 12:15 GW
Someone once said,"It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts." No matter how old or how experienced you are, you can still learn something new. As soon as you stop learning you stop leading and hinder your own growth in the process.

Here’s what I am trying to learn these days.
1. How to be a better parent to my teenagers.
2. How to navigate social media in our family.
3. How to use photoshop (I know it seems trivial but I want to get better at it)

What are you learning this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment